Saturday 1 October 2011

One Month.

 

One Month. I have been living and studying in the United Kingdom for a whole month. I am living such a blessed life. Not only do I get to study a subject that makes my heart unbelievably happy, but I get to experience that subject first hand in one of the oldest nations this world has known. How do you make a historian happy? You send them to England. You send them to the home of the British Museum, British National Archives, National Gallery, Victoria and Albert Museum, Oxford, Pitt Rivers Museum, Courtauld Gallery, Victoria Miro Gallery, punk rock music, and the monarchy. 

Many thanks to all of the people who made this a beautiful opportunity. 

Now on to introducing you to my little slice of London: 
My flat, shown here on the left, is a renovated foyer. My window used to be the old door of our second building. My kitchen and desk area is an old hallway. Needless to say it's a little tight, but I couldn't be happier! My building, shown on the right, is located in the Royal Burough of Kensington and Chelsea. Mouthful, eh? In other words, I live in the 'Upper East Side' area of London filled with Maseratis, Bentlys, and Hugh Grant. I feel like I need a new wardrobe just to walk to the grocery store.
For all of you that I haven't told, I attend graduate school at Richmond, the American International University in London. I am pursuing a Master's in Art History and Visual Culture while exploring Europe. We are a program made up of thirteen awesome ladies from all over the world. Seattle to Norway. 

I promise to make the posts more exciting. This one is dedicated to promising my loved ones that I am safe and sound. For now, I leave you with this image. I cannot explain how excited I am to begin my life in the art world. How could someone not love such a beautiful sight?
Queen's Gallery


Be kind to each other while I'm gone. Love you.

2 comments: